Preparing for an Upcoming Procedure
Many surgical procedures require a check up by your primary doctor prior to ensure you are in the best health prior to surgery. Dr. Kathleen Vanier schedules pre-operative visits to prepare patients for surgery. While Dr. Vanier does not perform actual surgeries, she works closely with specialists to provide the comprehensive information needed for a successful procedure. Her pre-op visits in San Francisco are typically done about one month prior to your surgery and can include:
- Questions about your surgery
- Instructions for the day of your surgery
- Post-op recovery information
- Blood tests and other lab work
- Heart test with an electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Imaging tests such as an ultrasound, MRI or CT scan, etc.
This information is shared directly with your surgeon. If Dr. Vanier has any concerns, she will alert your surgeon well in advance of your procedure.
Your health is important to us! To schedule a doctor appointment in San Francisco with Dr. Vanier, please contact us today.